Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/13 14:41:44 UTC

[Axis2] Loosing backward compatibility with 1.1

Hi all,
While doing development for the Kandula2, I noticed that we are
increasingly loosing the backwards compatibility with Axis2 1.1..
Kandula2 build which was fully up and running two weeks back is
continuously failing now..

While the missing SOAPAction issues in the codegen were fixed today,
again now I was struck with the MEP validation done by the
getAxisSpecifMEPConstant method of the o.a.a.util.Utils method which
was called by the AddressingValidationHandler. This method throws an
error if the service.xml contains the old MEP URI's which Axis2 had
prior to the wsdl2.0 merge.. AFAIK it was decided in this[1] thread to
support the old name spaces until 1.2.

I accept that I can change these things in Kandula2. But IMHO we need
to think seriously about the losing of backward compatibility with
services deployed with Axis2 1.1...

Thanks,
Thilina

[1]http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=117068206105113&w=4
--
Thilina Gunarathne
WSO2, Inc.; http://www.wso2.com/

Re: [Axis2] Loosing backward compatibility with 1.1

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'll have a look into that and fix it.

Thanks,
Keith

On 2/13/07, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thilina,
>
> Looks like a good catch. Please fix getAxisSpecifMEPConstant. It did
> not get caught in any of the tests we have in axis2.
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On 2/13/07, Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > While doing development for the Kandula2, I noticed that we are
> > increasingly loosing the backwards compatibility with Axis2 1.1..
> > Kandula2 build which was fully up and running two weeks back is
> > continuously failing now..
> >
> > While the missing SOAPAction issues in the codegen were fixed today,
> > again now I was struck with the MEP validation done by the
> > getAxisSpecifMEPConstant method of the o.a.a.util.Utils method which
> > was called by the AddressingValidationHandler. This method throws an
> > error if the service.xml contains the old MEP URI's which Axis2 had
> > prior to the wsdl2.0 merge.. AFAIK it was decided in this[1] thread to
> > support the old name spaces until 1.2.
> >
> > I accept that I can change these things in Kandula2. But IMHO we need
> > to think seriously about the losing of backward compatibility with
> > services deployed with Axis2 1.1...
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Thilina
> >
> > [1]http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=117068206105113&w=4
> > --
> > Thilina Gunarathne
> > WSO2, Inc.; http://www.wso2.com/
> > Home page: http://webservices.apache.org/~thilina/
> > Blog: http://thilinag.blogspot.com/

> Davanum Srinivas :: http://wso2.org/ :: Oxygen for Web Services Developers

Keith Chapman
WSO2 Inc.
Oxygen for Web Services Developers.
http://wso2.org/

Re: [Axis2] Loosing backward compatibility with 1.1

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Thilina,

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi thilina,

I've fixed getAxisSpecifMEPConstant method of o.a.a.util.Utils to use 2004
MEPS too.

Thanks,
Keith

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.
Agreed. I was worried about this when I saw the MEP constants change
but I assumed someone had checked things still work.

Maybe we should have a prebuilt axis2 1.1 aar and client as part of
the integration tests as a quick way of catching this kind of problem?

David