Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jason Long <ja...@supernovasoftware.com> on 2006/01/10 22:11:58 UTC

Problem with IE, html:input and collection, works in FIreFox

I have a problem with using a collection and <html:input>.  I do this in
several places in my application and I cannot determine why this has stopped
working in IE only and this form only.  Here is a sample of the code:

  <c:forEach items="${offerPriceForm.offerPrices}"
             var="offerPrice"
             varStatus="rowId">
                       property="method"
                       src="images/buttons/history.gif" /></td>
   </c:forEach>

The problem is with the text field.  This was working for months, but
stopped recently.  The only thing I have changed is from XML to hibernate
annotations.

This form will no longer submit in IE.  Clicking any of the buttons(I
removed all but one for clarity) does nothing.  This does work in FireFox
and in other similar forms in my application.

I do not know what has changed and since I am getting no error messages and
nothing is being submitted I am at a lost.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this problem.

RE: Problem with IE, html:input and collection, works in FIreFox

Posted by Jason Long <ja...@supernovasoftware.com>.
Thank you for your reply Rick.

I found the problem after 5 hrs of investigation.  I integrated a new layout
my designer made and somehow the following got stuck in the header:

<form id="empty_form"></form>

I am not sure why this caused a problem or why it only happened on one of
the many, many forms in the application.

If I commented out

All other functions of the form would post, but with text field in place the
form was totally dead in IE.

Does anyone have any ideas?

After 5 hrs I am quite curious as to what the problem was.

Thank you for your time,

Jason Long

CEO and Chief Software Engineer
BS Physics, MS Chemical Engineering
http://www.supernovasoftware.com

View the generated HTML source code and paste it somewhere such as:

http://www.pastehere.com/CreatePaste.aspx

And then give us the link to the paste above.

Jason Long wrote the following on 1/10/2006 4:11 PM:
> I have a problem with using a collection and <html:input>.  I do this in
> several places in my application and I cannot determine why this has
stopped
> working in IE only and this form only.  Here is a sample of the code:

>   <c:forEach items="${offerPriceForm.offerPrices}"
>              var="offerPrice"
>              varStatus="rowId">
/></td>
>                        property="method"
>                        src="images/buttons/history.gif" /></td>
>    </c:forEach>
>
> The problem is with the text field.  This was working for months, but
> stopped recently.  The only thing I have changed is from XML to hibernate
> annotations.
>
> This form will no longer submit in IE.  Clicking any of the buttons(I
> removed all but one for clarity) does nothing.  This does work in FireFox
> and in other similar forms in my application.
>
> I do not know what has changed and since I am getting no error messages
and
> nothing is being submitted I am at a lost.
>
> I would greatly appreciate any help with this problem.

Rick

Re: Problem with IE, html:input and collection, works in FIreFox

Posted by Rick Reumann <st...@reumann.net>.