Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Yuan Mei <yu...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/11 07:11:11 UTC

[DISCUSS] Add a material web page under "https://flink.apache.org/"

Hey folks,

I am looking for a home to put and organize materials (mostly in Chinese)
altogether for easier reference or search in the future.

Those materials mainly include:
- video records for live broadcasting of Flink related content.  For
example, the set of selected Flink Forward talks reinterpreted and
broadcasted in Chinese.
- regular meet up topics, minutes, and PPTs. Meet-ups are held twice every
month on average.
- write-ups/blogs to share user experiences e.t.c.

Currently, those materials are published through the official Flink WeChat
account. The WeChat public account is a good way to “publish” information,
but very difficult to search or organize afterwards. Personally, I find
those materials are particularly helpful to users/developers not very
familiar with Flink, me, as an example. Hence finding a place easy-to-find
such materials is very important.

There are several options we can adopt, but specifically, these materials
are non-commercial stuff and purely for promoting the Flink community, so
better not be tagged with any commercial trademarks.

I was wondering how the English communities organize such materials? Can we
simply put them under https://flink.apache.org/  as a subcategory? like
https://flink.apache.org/cn

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks ahead!

Best

Yuan

Re: [DISCUSS] Add a material web page under "https://flink.apache.org/"

Posted by Yuan Mei <yu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Robert!

I totally agree. There is a team specifically running to promote Flink
community in China, hence the concern of "up to date" won't be a problem.
Flink's public WeChat account is maintained by the team, so can the
webpage. They make sure the web page is in-sync.

Best
Yuan

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hey Yuan,

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1 (belated) for adding such a website with the name of flink-learning.org,
especially if we could have a (virtual) team to maintain and prevent it
from being stale.

Thanks for starting the discussion and driving this, Yuan!

Best Regards,
Yu

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Thanks for working on this!