Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/16 18:25:15 UTC

Jetty Restarts every time i save

Hi there,

I am learning tapestry using eclipse/jetty/maven. I have followed the
instructions on the tapestry page. However, every time i save on eclipse,
jetty automatically restarts. Is this the ways it is supposed to be? when i
disable 'scanning' in jetty run configurations, my changes are not
reloaded. How can i work without jetty automatically restarting ?

regards.

Josh.

Re: Jetty Restarts every time i save

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
I start it from 'Run Configurations' screen.

Posted by Dragan Sahpaski <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
If you are using 5.3. than live class realoading is turned off in
production mode [1].

Please check if SymbolConstants.PRODUCTION_MODE is false in
your contributeApplicationDefaults method in your IOC Module (AppModule by
default).

something like

public static void
contributeApplicationDefaults(MappedConfiguration<String, String>
configuration){
    configuration.add(SymbolConstants.PRODUCTION_MODE, "false");
}

[1]
http://tapestry.1045711.n5.nabble.com/Live-reload-in-production-td4313825.html
)

Cheers,
Dragan Sahpaski

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
Trsvax,

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys.

I ended up using mvn jetty:run and making neccesary changes to eclipse.
Everything is working fine.

Josh.

Posted by Juan Alba <ju...@condortech.com.ar>.

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.