Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Matthew Midgett <cl...@trick-solutions.com.INVALID> on 2014/12/12 01:15:07 UTC

RE: How to remove VM entry from CloudStack database?

I have phpmyadmin running on my MariaDB server as I am no sql expert. Then is cloud > vm_instance and change the state be editing the row for the VM ID that you need to Stopped, Destroyed or Expunging

Not responsible for your actions :)

Matthew Midgett
Trick Solutions
143 Jenny Marie Rd
Mooresville NC,28115
336-618-7425 Office
704-728-5644 Cell
www.trick-solutions.com

CONFIDENTIAL: This electronic mail, including any attachment(s) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s).  Any dissemination or use of this electronic email or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately by reply email so that I may correct my internal records.  Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety.  Thank you.

Posted by Tejas Sheth <ts...@gmail.com>.
Thanks John,

 It worked

Posted by John Kinsella <jl...@stratosec.co>.
CloudStack doesn’t usually remove records from db tables. If you look t vm_instance (or many other tables in there) you’ll see three timestamp fields: created, update_time, and removed. So if you want to “remove” a vm/disk/nic/etc, you change the removed field from null to a timestamp, e.g.

UPDATE vm_instance SET removed=now() WHERE id=105;

John

> On Dec 11, 2014, at 11:31 PM, Vadim Kimlaychuk <Va...@Elion.ee> wrote:
>
> Tejas,
>
> 	"Stopped" and "Destroyed" are "visible" statuses of VM at dashboard as well as "Expunding". You should put "Expunded" for the VM not to be visible.  Entirely removing the raw in DB is not good option. CS does not ever remove data for VM-s being destroyed and expunded - they always remain at database.
>
> Vadim.

>>> 704-728-5644 Cell

Re: AW: Shared Storage for VMs

Posted by Lee Webb <nu...@gmail.com>.
On 15/12/2014 6:45 PM, "Jochim, Ingo" <In...@bautzen-it.de> wrote:

> Hello Lee,
>
> thanks for sharing your ideas.
> In this scenario someone needs to administer the NAS and handle all
requests, right?

Yes, that's correct

> In the case you have a little VM which shares the storage then all
traffic will go through this VM and not directly to the storage.

Also correct.

If your using a physical vlan and shared network then this can be a
physical nas or San device though - this is what I'm doing at the moment

> Is there a standard to communicate to different storage systems for
managing volumes/shares?

I'm not aware of one used to manage storage devices.

The underlying protocols to access the storage are standard though
depending on what you choose (nfs, iscsi etc)

If you want customers to manage their own acls etc in a vm then something
like an open filer template might be perfect and allows them to use
allocated cs resources normally

> Regards,
> Ingo

a Physical VLAN & then hook up a Physical NAS to the same VLAN.
> The shared network is bound to a particular account / project so that it
can't be used by everyone

> For me part of the attraction of using CS over OpenStack was that you
could craft the network in this way so that you an support applications /
deployments which have physical device requirements or haven't been
developed to be 100% cloudy.

> I notice that OpenStack is looking into a shared volume system, & I'd
also like the option of doing it 100% inside of CS if it was capable of
doing so.

> I do recall though that in XenServer (& ESX 4 I think) it wasn't possible
to attach a single volume to multiple machines without significant hacking
of the underlying Python - after which building things like an Oracle RAC /
GRID system or OCFS2 was possible but this is probably out of reach for
most users.

> Perhaps something like a Virtual NAS VM like the Virtual Routers etc.
would be sufficient - think OpenFiler but inside of CS?

AW: Shared Storage for VMs

--
This email was Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com

Re: Shared Storage for VMs