Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Sam Joseph <ga...@yha.att.ne.jp> on 2002/12/04 04:33:53 UTC

changing the default html tags

Hi

I am trying to serve some hdml pages off turbine, however turbine
defaults to an html page. I can't seem to find there this is set in the
code, or templates. Can anyone point me to the right place.

Thanks in advance.

CHEERS> SAM

Re: changing the default html tags

Posted by ramadevi <ra...@cmcltd.com>.
Dear all,
I tied writing a new service but iam not successful as it is giving
initialisation exception can anyone help me.

with regards
rama

Posted by ramadevi <ra...@cmcltd.com>.
Hi,

where do the basic files for the newapp are specified i.e index.vm
,login.vm to generate the application.

where sshould i change these properties to give a different file as home
page when the application is generated using ant tool.

regards
ramadevi

Posted by ramadevi <ra...@cmcltd.com>.
Thanks for the inputs to add a new service.
i have done the same thing but my service is not initialised it is
throwing an initialisation exception.

as u said in the init method without parameters i just wrote
setinit(true).
nothing is done as iam not initialising anything.
so i gave only setinit(true);

what could be the problem?

thanks and regards
rama

Re: have I got to be careful about setting instance variables in Velocity Action subclasses?

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> writes:

>"Neil Stevens" <ne...@firstlightassociates.co.uk> writes:

>>do actions need to be thread safe? Are they pooled and reused?
[...]
>Thread safe? Hm. I'd say no without caching and yes if caching is
>activated. So make this a "yes".

"yes" as in "yes, they must be thread safe". Sorry, wasn't clear.

	Regards
		Henning

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Neil Stevens" <ne...@firstlightassociates.co.uk> writes:

>do actions need to be thread safe? Are they pooled and reused?

Well, "pooled" might be the wrong word.. :-)

If you put

"modules.cache = true"

in your Properties, the loaders for Action, Layout, Navigation, Screen
and Page will keep references on the objects from these classes (which
does _not_ mean, that your templates will be cached! Just the classes
that render them. This is mainly interesting for the Action objects)
and their reuse. You can take a closer look at the ActionLoader class
for an example.

These classes are just glorified Hashtables. Even the sizing
parameters don't really change anything, they just adjust the initial
size of the hashtables.

Well, another "Fettecke". :-)

If you keep "modules.cache" off, then the class objects are reinstantiated
every time an Action is requested.

ActionLoader.getInstance()

calls getAssembler() from the AssemblerBrokerService, which gets the
Assembler (the Action) from the AssemblerBrokerService
("Assembler" is everything that "pulls parts together". A Screen is
 an Assembler, a Page, Layout, Navigation and also an Action is. Yes,
the name sucks. Wasn't my idea. It is also an abstract Base Class
where an interface would have been better).

AssemblerBroker has for every "kind" of Assembler classes one or
more factories registered. For the Action, this ususally is
o.a.t.services.assemblerbroker.util.java.JavaActionFactory which just
looks for   action.<xxx> in all the registered module packages. If
it finds a class it does Class.forName() on it.

Posted by Neil Stevens <ne...@firstlightassociates.co.uk>.

Posted by Matt Koranda <ma...@orkan.no>.
I'll start on it tonight :)

Matt
Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Posted by Matt Koranda <ma...@orkan.no>.
Nice explaination....This seems to be a pretty good start to a how-to or an
extension of the services section of the documentation, can you submit it?

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Posted by Rodney Schneider <ro...@actf.com.au>.
On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:25, you wrote:
> Hi,
> Is it possible to create a new service apart from the services
> provided by the turbine.
>
> with regrds
> rama

This was answered very recently, please search the archives for
"services".

In short... Yes!

-- Rodney

Re: changing the default html tags

Posted by ramadevi <ra...@cmcltd.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Matt Koranda <ma...@orkan.no>.
If I understand correctly you need to set VelocityOnlyLayout instead of
VelocityECSLayout and add the tags yourself in the layout files. Search the
archives for VelocityOnlyLayout.

HTH,
Matt

Posted by Chris K Chew <ch...@fenetics.com>.
It is very easy.  Try searching the archives for "VelocityOnlyLayout", you
should be able to answer all of your questions by reading the threads.

Good luck,

Chris