Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by swati jain <sw...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/08/11 06:16:37 UTC

Tomcat 8.5.4 making sessions when used with NIO connector

Tomcat Version - 8.5.4 ( Embedded)
Platform - Linux
When NIO connector is used with Embedded Tomcat, it creates a session per request. The session lasts for 30 minutes. Is there a way to configure connector in such a way that no session is created. I have traffic of around 40000 requests per second. All the requests are state less. so each of them create a session. After 10 minutes, the Tomcat stops taking any further requests and when I viewed the heap dump, it says there is a concurrent map which has many objects of sessions.
While using Tomcat 6.0.36,. no sessions were created per request. After migration to Tomcat 8.5.4, this problem has started.
Please suggest.
BR,Swati

Re: Tomcat 8.5.4 making sessions when used with NIO connector

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.