Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Wang, Mary Y" <ma...@boeing.com> on 2010/04/25 16:58:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Alias and HTTP 404 Not Found Error - But the file is THERE!

Hi,

I've been struggling with the following problem for two hours already, and read posts, blogs, lists and Migration docs.  People suggested different things.
I'm in the process of migrating from Apache 1.3.x to Apache 2.0.46.  The code listed below in the httpd.conf used to work on Apache 1.3.x, now I receive the HTTP 404 File Not Found Error even though the file is there.  Please note the stuff declared in the conf.d/ssl.conf used to be in conf/httpd.conf in Apache 1.3.x.

in /etc/httpd/conf httpd.conf
----------------
Alias /test-download/ /usr/test3.1/download/
<Directory /usr/test3.1/download>
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf
-----------------------------
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
ServerName download-devtest2.ana.bna.boeing.com
</VirtualHost>

When the URL goes there https://download-devtest2.ana.bna.boeing.com/test-download/devtest2-1/excel_download_error.bmp<https://download-devbrass2.ana.bna.boeing.com/brass-download/devbrass2-1/excel_download_error.bmp>, I get the 404 File Not Found error.  Even though the file is there.

Is there something different about Apache 2.0.46 in the alias area?
Any suggestions or hints?

Thanks in advance.
Mary

Re: [users@httpd] Alias and HTTP 404 Not Found Error - But the file is THERE!

Posted by Karan Grover <wo...@gmail.com>.
Please check with your link existance which you are providing in the Alias.
I made the same mistake some time back and got the same errors.

Karan Grover

Posted by "Wang, Mary Y" <ma...@boeing.com>.
Oops.. I made an error in my email. When the URL goes there "https://download-devtest2.ana.bna.boeing.com/test-download/devtest2-1/excel_download_error.bmp"..  I got the 404 File Not Found error.

Mary