Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Evert Tigchelaar <e....@minihouse.com> on 2006/09/11 11:36:22 UTC

difference between reverse-path and Return-Path ?

Hi what is the difference between reverse-path and Return-Path, or is it
the same or is one replaced by the other?

Thanks,
Evert

Re: difference between reverse-path and Return-Path ?

Posted by Evert Tigchelaar <e....@minihouse.com>.
I am working on support for notification like success and in the rfc
http://www.rfc-archive.org/getrfc.php?rfc=1891 in "7.1 SMTP Envelope to
be used with delivery status notifications", I read the
reverse-path must be null but
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.AbstractRedirect#setReversePath(MailImpl
newMail, MailAddress reversePath, Mail originalMail)
seems to set Return-Path, at least that is what I see in the delivered
DSN mail..

So for that reason I asked whats the different between the reserve-path
and Return-Path headers and which one I should use?

Thanks,
Evert

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.