Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2006/10/14 07:52:46 UTC

Subversion allows a file to be updated but not committed ?

Hi,

Someone knows if there is a way in Subversion to allows file(s) to be updated but not committed ?

Thanks

Jacques

Re: Subversion allows a file to be updated but not committed ?

Posted by Illya Kysil <ik...@gmail.com>.
Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Someone knows if there is a way in Subversion to allows file(s) to be
> updated but not committed ?
A classic approach I would recommend is to make a branch and relocate
your working copy (or sub folder) to the branch location. You shall
merge the changes from trunk into your branch until you finish with your
developments. Then you merge the changes from your branch to trunk. You
may commit changes from your branch anytime you want, of course, but
they will not be visible to those who work with trunk.

"Version Control with Subversion" has a nice chapter on branching and
merging. http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

--
Illya Kysil
Shakespeare / King Henry IV

Re: Subversion allows a file to be updated but not committed ?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yoav,

This exactly what I need. I always wondered why export/import was good for. Now I know.

Thanks a bunch !

Jacques

From: "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hi Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Jacopo,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hi Jacques,

not sure to understand what you mean, could you please better explain?
svn update will not do any commits...

Jacopo

Not