Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Timothy and Anna <ti...@prodigy.net> on 2003/04/16 16:41:31 UTC

[users@httpd] 127.0.0.1 not responding

I'm running Apache 2.0.45 (Win32) on Windows XP Professional for
personal use.

127.0.0.1 is not responding with the Apache index page, it times out

http is running and listening on port 80

It almost sounds like a firewall issue but I have shut down McAfee
firewall and have the same result.  I also know that XP has it's own
firewall but if I'm running Apache locally I should not have a problem
correct?  Plus I don't see any network connections that should affect
Apache.

Thanks for your help.

Tim

RE: [users@httpd] 127.0.0.1 not responding

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
Try CononicalName On.
Jeff Cohen

Posted by Timothy and Anna <ti...@prodigy.net>.
Any further ideas?

Thanks again.

Tim

Posted by Timothy and Anna <ti...@prodigy.net>.
I have attached the httpd.conf file, nothing confidential yet.  There
also appears to be no permissions problem.

Thanks again.

Posted by Brian Quinn <br...@az511.com>.

Posted by Timothy and Anna <ti...@prodigy.net>.
Localhost is in the hosts file.

Ping 127.0.0.1 responds

I'm just using the default index.html in the htdocs directory

Tim

Posted by Brian Quinn <br...@az511.com>.