Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mirko Car <mi...@email.si> on 2007/02/13 21:44:25 UTC

maximum number of connections/threads

We want to create large scale chat web application based on reverse Ajax
(comet). I belive we need an open connection (thread) for every user..
so I wonder if there is explicit limit of concurrent connections to one
instance of Tomcat server?

I was testing this issue a little bit and it seems that, althougt I've set Max
Threads to 9000, Tomcat server won't accept more than 300 concurrent
connections?!

I know there are some solutions around like coninuations introduced in Jetty
6, but there's still no solution for Tomcat (at least not in version 5.5)? Or
am I missing something?

I would appreciate any answer to any of above questions.

Thanks.

MC