Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Serge Sozonoff <se...@globalbeach.com> on 2003/01/15 19:29:15 UTC

Regexp Matcher

Hi Noel,

Any chance on getting a hold of that Regexp matcher you said you made.

Thanks, Sergei

RE: Regexp Matcher

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Any chance on getting a hold of that Regexp matcher you said you made.

Yes.  I really need to work on this after v2.1.1 is released, but here is
the most rude of rude implementations.

A subclass of GenericRegexMatcher calls compile() to setup the patterns that
will be used by match().  The match() method is a bit too simpleminded.  Any
single match is sufficient.  I want something more like PAM, with optional,
sufficient, and required checks:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/ref-guide/s1-pam-con
trol-flags.html

If you have time to do that, I would be most pleased.  :-)  I'm not ego
invested in the code.  And since no one other than me has this code, there
is no compatibility to worry over.  :-)

	--- Noel