Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by arun k <ar...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/31 08:09:15 UTC

Run Hadoop Code itself on eclipse

 Hi !

I wanted to build and run the hadoop code itself from eclipse .
I followed the instructions in
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment as :
         1) I have checked out the hadoop release from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-0.21.0/ from
eclipse europa.
         2) I have got common, hdfs and mapreduce folders under the project
main directory.
         3) Since i am behind a proxy i added proxy stuff to build.xml files
in these 3 folders and did ant builds in eclipse which were successful.
         4) Some additional things were mentioned to run tests in eclipse:
selecting build dir(i have selected $Workspace/$project/build dir) and added
tools.jar.

 When i try to run as Java Application i get error:
Illegal option: a
Usage: jar {ctxui}[vfm0Me] [jar-file] [manifest-file] [entry-point] [-C dir]
files ...

I don't know how to go about further ? Any help ?

Thanks,
Arun