Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by ___cliff rayman___ <cl...@genwax.com> on 2000/08/03 00:38:31 UTC

[Fwd: "5.6.0 broke all over" - please elaborate]

forwarding from p5p.
i am not running 5.6.0, but i assume that 5.6.0 is stable with mod_perl 1.24?
let me know and i will reply back to p5p.

--
___cliff rayman___cliff@genwax.com___http://www.genwax.com/

Re: [Fwd: "5.6.0 broke all over" - please elaborate]

Posted by Yann Kerhervé <yk...@cyberion.net>.
On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 03:38:31PM -0700, ___cliff rayman___ wrote:
> forwarding from p5p.
> i am not running 5.6.0, but i assume that 5.6.0 is stable with mod_perl 1.24?
> let me know and i will reply back to p5p.
>

> > The other problem was a mod_perl installation causing Apache children to
> > continually seg fault (this was a Slackware 7.1 machine); I'm not sure if it
> > was mod_perl 1.23, or Perl 5.6.0, an interaction between them, or an
> > interaction between them and any modules loaded into the system.
>
> --
just an user experience :

At home, I had indeed some problems : child segfaulting (when an
error occurs in PerlRequire-d file (I don't remember if it's a syntax
one or other). I succeed int correctingit

but something more important :  a httpd segfault (the first one) even
when
#httpd -t

It seems to come from a PerlModule declaration after a PerlRequire
declaration. I don't have the time to investigate further, since at
works the same config seems to work pretty well
so I guess it's a module probem, but don't have the time to launch
debug process.

I hope this may help (and in the same time : me ;)

-Yk