Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "J.D. Williams" <jd...@austin.rr.com> on 2007/05/19 18:04:08 UTC

Image in a CForm radio list

I would like to use an image as the label for an item in a CForm
selection list that is styled as radio buttons.

None of the examples in the docs I have seen maps exactly to this. I
have succeeded in getting an image to appear in a form, but not in place
of a label in the radio list.

Ideas?

    <fd:field id="elements">
      <fd:label>Choose one of the following:</fd:label>
      <fd:datatype base="string"/>
      <fd:selection-list>
        <fd:item value="0"></fd:item>
        <fd:item value="1"></fd:item>
        <fd:item value="2"></fd:item>
        <fd:item value="3"></fd:item>
        <fd:item value="4"></fd:item>
      </fd:selection-list>
    </fd:field>

    <ft:form-template action="#{$cocoon/continuation/id}.continue"
	method="POST">
      <ft:widget-label id="elements"/>
      <ft:widget id="elements">
        <fi:styling list-type="radio"/>
      </ft:widget>
      <input type="submit"/>
    </ft:form-template>

Re: Image in a CForm radio list

Posted by Niels van Kampenhout <n....@hippo.nl>.
Hi,

J.D. Williams wrote:
> I would like to use an image as the label for an item in a CForm
> selection list that is styled as radio buttons.
>
> None of the examples in the docs I have seen maps exactly to this. I
> have succeeded in getting an image to appear in a form, but not in place
> of a label in the radio list.
>
> Ideas?

I'm not sure if this is possible out-of-the-box, but if not it's very
easy to extend the CForms styling XSLT. That will certainly enable you
to use image as radio button labels.

Hope this helps,

Niels