Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by billos <br...@goubin.bzh> on 2017/02/03 17:26:25 UTC

RDP login failed

Hello

I am using Guacamole to access a distant Windows Server with the noauth
extension.

I can detect if the connection to the server was done, but I didn't find
anything concerning the windows logging phase.
Is this handled by Guacamole ?

Best regards,
Brendan

Re: RDP login failed

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 12:27 AM, billos <br...@goubin.bzh> wrote:

> Sorry, I went a bit fast in the explanation.
>
> Login is handled and works, but I need to get an event to know if the
> windows login was done or if it failed.
>
> In the guacamole-client library, I can watch the connection status, but it
> only tells me if I successfully connected to the server or not. I need to
> know if the windows login worked or failed.

Development questions would be better served by the dev list, where they'll
be seen by the right audience.

To know that the connection has closed due to login failure, you'll need to
look at the contents of the Guacamole.Status object passed to the onerror
handler of Guacamole.Client:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/guacamole-
common-js/Guacamole.Client.html#event:onerror

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/guacamole-
common-js/Guacamole.Status.html

The cause of the error is denoted by the status code stored within that
object. Login failures are denoted with
Guacamole.Status.Code.CLIENT_UNAUTHORIZED
(0x301).

See also:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/protocol-reference.html#error-
instruction

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/protocol-
reference.html#status-codes

- Mike

Re: RDP login failed

Re: RDP login failed

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 9:26 AM, billos <br...@goubin.bzh> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am using Guacamole to access a distant Windows Server with the noauth
> extension.
>
> I can detect if the connection to the server was done, but I didn't find
> anything concerning the windows logging phase.
> Is this handled by Guacamole ?

Yes, Guacamole handles logging in on your behalf (assuming you provided the
necessary credentials when configuring the connection):

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-authentication

Can you describe what you're seeing specifically?

- Mike