Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by br...@gmail.com, br...@gmail.com on 2018/10/08 13:56:31 UTC

OptionsStrategy improvements

Hi,

I recently saw the new OptionsStrategy feature added in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-2053, and was wondering it it would be possible to add dedicated support for this at the traversal level.

Using a strategy is fine, and I can see that it fits well with the existing infrastructure. However from the user point of view it is extremely verbose:

g.withStrategies(OptionsStrategy.build().with("specialLimit", 10000).withOption("specialLimit2", 1000).create()).V();

vs something like:

g.with("specialLimit", 10000).with("specialLimit2", 1000).V()

Would it be possible to introduce something like the above syntax to implicitly add and configure the OptionsStrategy?

I think it would make this new feature much more compelling. I can see lots of uses for supplying traversal level options going forward.

Many thanks,

Bryn

Re: OptionsStrategy improvements

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.