Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by st...@bt.com on 2005/10/26 14:57:54 UTC

tree2 node expanded problem

I have a tree2 'Root' node containing items which the User can select
If the User selects an item they can then hit a 'Remove' button
The screen gets refreshed and the item is gone
This operates correctly until the last item gets 'Removed' - when I get
an error

Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Encountered a node [0] + with an illogical state.  Node is expanded but
it is also considered a leaf
(a leaf cannot be considered expanded.

In my 'Remove' code I have
List l = tree.getChildren();
if(l.size() == 0){
tree.setLeaf(true);
}

But this does NOT then seem to propagate out to the GUI rendered
component

I would have expected the Expanded state of a node to be false if the
node has ZERO children

Is this a bug, or is there something I've missed

Thanks

Stefan Maric | IT & Professional Services | BT Global Services
E: stefan.maric@bt.com  |  www.bt.com/globalservices

This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc, which may be privileged
or confidential.  The information is intended for use only by the
individual(s) or entity named above.  If you
are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
electronic message in error, please notify
me by telephone or email (to the number or email address above)
immediately.

Activity and use of the British Telecommunications plc e-mail system is
monitored to secure its effective
operation and for other lawful business purposes. Communications using
this system will also be monitored
and may be recorded to secure effective operation and for other lawful
business purposes.

British Telecommunications plc. Registered office:  81 Newgate Street
London EC1A 7AJ   Registered in
England no:  1800000