Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Jude K <j2...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/28 02:16:17 UTC

Storm + Spring MVC

I am curios has anyone integrated Storm with Spring Web MVC Framework?

I am new to Storm and working on designing new app the integrates Storm
into existing Spring MVC App.

Re: Storm + Spring MVC

Posted by Daniel Fagnan <dn...@gmail.com>.
While I haven’t used storm in many months, but that’s not exactly how storm is integrated.

You would typically have a separate storm cluster that operates independently of any web app. That is, the Storm cluster starts off with a set of Spouts. These are the input bits. What you most likely want is having a message queue like Kafka or Kestrel (the easier option). This is where the integration with web apps are. There are plenty of drivers for these queues for JVM languages. When you want to send something off to Storm, you’d put the message/data within the queue. Ultimately, Storm picks this up for processing.

That’s a basic explanation, but, think of Storm as a separate entity that’s mostly agnostic to whatever system the data is coming from.

Hope that helps,
Daniel.