Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Riaz Ahmed <en...@hotmail.com> on 2010/06/22 06:23:42 UTC

Jmeter Property Transfer

Hi All,
          I am executing soap request in jmeter, i defined user variables but for two variables i want them to be transferred from a request's response and populate in user defined variable. Can any one help me out for this.

Regards
R.A.

RE: Jmeter Property Transfer

Posted by Riaz Ahmed <en...@hotmail.com>.
Deepak,
              I mean ,"I have to extarct few values from my SOAP XML
response and store it in a variable".
 Can you
please give me more info on this?

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Im not sure what you mean. If you specify a value abc in the user defined
variable then thats the value it will have. Add a Debug Sampler + View
Results Tree Listener and you can see the value of the variable. if after
this you add a Sampler with an XPath Extractor and you specify the same name
, then it will override with whatever value the XPath has , again you can
add another debug sampler after this and see  the value in the listener.
 if you arent getting the value correctly , the XPath Post processor is
wrong(or not supported) or your response is wrong(or not in the format you
expect) or you havent added the post processor as a child of the Sampler .
Without knowing your XML or your Xpath its hard to say.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
hi
then you need to specify what your response looks like and what values you
want

regards
deepak

Posted by Riaz Ahmed <en...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Deepak.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
use any of the Post Processors (XPATH should be easiest) to extract out into
a variable (need not be first defined in user variables)