Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com> on 2009/05/20 10:46:08 UTC

CXF JAX-RS and RestEasy (Re: 2.2.2 release real soon....)

Hi,

> You're probably not interested, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

We're definitely very interested in more people contributing to the CXF JAX-RS implementation. We're seeing high-quailty patches
being
contributed to the JAX-WS runtime from JBoss folks so obviously we'll be happy to see the same happening for the JAX-RS runtime.

What do you guys think about this proposal :

We'd like to suggest that a RestEasy team contributes via patches those features which will add more value to the CXF JAX-RS, with
some of the CXF code be refactored only if needed to accommodate for those features. This contribution will be publicly acknowledged
and
recorded. This is how I see the proposed "merge" happening as opposed to a complete replacement.

We can all then continue working on the combined JAX-RS implementation - enhancing, optimizing and refactoring it as needed.
Does this kind of merge and contributing via patches sounds like a reasonable idea ? We reckon it can lead to a good joint effort.

Thoughts ?

Cheers, Sergey