Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by David Daeschler <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/09 03:49:21 UTC

Nodetool repair, exit code/status?

Hello.

In the process of trying to streamline and provide better reporting
for various data storage systems, I've realized that although we're
verifying that nodetool repair runs, we're not verifying that it is
successful.

I found a bug relating to the exit code for nodetool repair, where, in
some situations, there is no way to verify the repair has completed
successfully: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2666

Is this still a problem? What is the best way to monitor the final
status of the repair command to make sure all is well?

Thank you ahead of time for any info.
- David

Re: Nodetool repair, exit code/status?

Posted by Edward Sargisson <ed...@globalrelay.net>.
This is a problem for us as well.
Our current planned approach is to parse the logs for repair errors.
Having nodetool repair return an exit code for some of this failures
would be *very* useful.

Cheers,
Edward

--

Edward Sargisson

senior java developer
Global Relay

edward.sargisson@globalrelay.net <ma...@globalrelay.net>

*866.484.6630*
New York | Chicago | Vancouver | London (+44.0800.032.9829) | Singapore
(+65.3158.1301)

Global Relay Archive supports email, instant messaging, BlackBerry,
Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Pivot, YellowJacket, LinkedIn, Twitter,
Facebook and more.

Ask about *Global Relay Message*
<http://www.globalrelay.com/services/message>*--- *The Future of
Collaboration in the Financial Services World

*
*All email sent to or from this address will be retained by Global
Relay's email archiving system. This message is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  Global Relay will not be liable for
any compliance or technical information provided herein. All trademarks
are the property of their respective owners.