Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robert <rj...@inf.tu-dresden.de> on 2004/06/13 02:19:24 UTC

TaminoDB in Cocoon

hello,

anyone has some information, a link or a introducing example on how I
can query a Tamino - DB with XQuery in my Sitemap.

If tried with the XML:DB API from Tamino. I copied the tamino-xmldb.jar
in the cocoon web-inf and add

<init-param>
   <param-name>load-class</param-name>
   <param-value>
    com.softwareag.tamino.xmldb.api.base.TDatabase
   </param-value>
</init-param>

to cocoons web.xml. Is there a way to find out whether the class is
loaded or no? And how is it possible to use the class in the sitemap for
an XQuery.

Thanks in advance

Robert

Re: TaminoDB in Cocoon

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 13.06.2004 02:19, Robert wrote:

> hello,
>
> anyone has some information, a link or a introducing example on how I
> can query a Tamino - DB with XQuery in my Sitemap.
>
> If tried with the XML:DB API from Tamino. I copied the tamino-xmldb.jar
> in the cocoon web-inf and add
>
> <init-param>
>   <param-name>load-class</param-name>
>   <param-value>
>    com.softwareag.tamino.xmldb.api.base.TDatabase
>   </param-value>
> </init-param>
>
> to cocoons web.xml. Is there a way to find out whether the class is
> loaded or no?

You should get a ClassNotFoundException for the case this class is tried
to accessed. If I interpret
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/servlet/CocoonServlet.java?rev=1.30&view=markup
correctly this is done on start up. Search for "forceLoadParameter" in
the file (the javadoc speaks about force-load, but this seems to be
outdated).

> And how is it possible to use the class in the sitemap for
> an XQuery.

I fear there is no native support for it at the moment. Probably you
have to write your own XQuery component (generator, transformer or
source). But I would search for already existing code first in both list
archives and on the wiki.

Joerg