Posted to xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@bea.com> on 2004/06/21 05:42:44 UTC

[VOTE] TLP Resolution for XMLBeans (was RE: Post-Incubation Destination for XMLBeans)

As all PPMC members should already be aware, there is a
vote taking place on the Incubator general list to determine
whether the XMLBeans project should graduate from the Incubator
and then be proposed to the Board as a TLP.
See http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=general@incubator.apache.org&by=thread&from=805470.

In parallel with that vote, I would like the XMLBeans PPMC to
vote on the resolution that would be proposed to the Board
to create the new XMLBeans TLP.  Since I sent out a draft
resolution to this list a month ago (see below) and have not
heard any concerns about it, I'm assuming it is ready to be
voted on.  I've attached the latest version of the
proposed resolution.

In addition to approving the resolution, we also need to
determine the initial list of PMC members and a chair.  PMC
membership is open to all committers.  Remember that the PMC
is the entity responsible to the Board for ensuring that the
project is in the best interests of the ASF.  This means
providing oversight of the code base for any legal issues,
authorizing releases on behalf of the ASF, establishing and
maintaining a charter and a set of rules to ensure a healthy
community, and guiding the long-term direction for the
project.

If you are a committer and are interested in serving as a
member of the XMLBeans PMC, please indicate you are
interested when casting your vote.  Also, please vote your
preference for the initial chair of the PMC, or indicate if
you are interested in volunteering as chair.  Note that the
chair does not have any greater decision-making ability than
any other PMC member.  The chair is just the person who keeps
things moving and helps get to a consensus.  The chair is
also the liaison between the PMC and the Apache Board.

Finally, please vote following the form below.

PART A
------
[ ] +1 - The attached resolution should be submitted to the
         Board for the formation of the XMLBeans project.

[ ] -1 - The attached resolution is not suitable.  I have a
         recommendation to improve it.

PART B
------
[ ]      I volunteer to be a member of the initial XMLBeans
         PMC.
PART C
------
[ ]      I nominate myself as chair
[ ]      I nominate ______________

This vote will run ~96 hours, closing at 23:59 GMT, Tuesday
June 22, 2004 (extending to vote due to the weekend, but ending
before the upcoming Board meeting):
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?day=22&month=6&year=2004&hour=23&min=59

Cliff

Re: [VOTE] TLP Resolution for XMLBeans (was RE: Post-Incubation Destination for XMLBeans)

Posted by David Waite <ma...@akuma.org>.
Correction:

I meant to volunteer for the PMC, new ballot below.

-David Waite

On Jun 22, 2004, at 11:02 AM, David Waite wrote:

Finally, please vote following the form below.

PART A
------
[ x ] +1 - The attached resolution should be submitted to the
          Board for the formation of the XMLBeans project.

[ ] -1 - The attached resolution is not suitable.  I have a
          recommendation to improve it.

PART B
------
[ x ]      I volunteer to be a member of the initial XMLBeans
          PMC.
PART C
------
[ ]      I nominate myself as chair