Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Shah, Himanshu" <hs...@sidley.com.INVALID> on 2023/11/17 03:49:44 UTC

Need help on Non HTTP response code: java.net.SocketException

Hi,

I am new to JMeter and trying to run simple test on internal site but getting following error. There are so many online knowledge sharing about updating jmeter.properties and system.properties files but no luck. Could someone assist me? Your help would be highly appreciated. My sincere apologies if I am reaching out to wrong group. Feel free to direct me correct group in that case.

Connected to company network thru VPN and able to access internal site successfully on browser but not thru JMeter. No luck with adding port = 443 since its https.

OS - Windows 10 Enterprise
Apache JMeter 5.6.2
Java version 20.0.2

Error message

Response code:Non HTTP response code: java.net.SocketException
Response message:Non HTTP response message: Connection reset

HIMANSHU SHAH
Quality Assurance Sr Analyst

immediately.

RE: Need help on Non HTTP response code: java.net.SocketException

Posted by "Shah, Himanshu" <hs...@sidley.com.INVALID>.
Thank you Sastry. I will try and let you know if it resolve the issue or have questions.

HIMANSHU SHAH
Quality Assurance Sr Analyst

SIDLEY AUSTIN LLP
+1 312 456 5465
himanshu.shah@sidley.com<ma...@sidley.com>

Hi Himanshu, Are you able to access the application manually from the same machine where you are trying to run the test from? If yes, it's most likely the case where the proxy is blocking the connection to your application when you are accessing

Hi Himanshu,

Are you able to access the application manually from the same machine

where you are trying to run the test from?  If yes, it's most likely

the case where the proxy is blocking the connection to your

application when you are accessing it using JMeter. Please insert HTTP

Defaults in your plan and add proxy server details in the Advanced

tab.  that will resolve the issue

Thanks

Sastry

On Thu, Nov 16, 2023 at 10:50 PM Shah, Himanshu

<hs...@sidley.com.invalid>> wrote:

> Hi,

> I am new to JMeter and trying to run simple test on internal site but getting following error. There are so many online knowledge sharing about updating jmeter.properties and system.properties files but no luck. Could someone assist me? Your help would be highly appreciated. My sincere apologies if I am reaching out to wrong group. Feel free to direct me correct group in that case.

> Connected to company network thru VPN and able to access internal site successfully on browser but not thru JMeter. No luck with adding port = 443 since its https.

> OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

> Apache JMeter 5.6.2

> Java version 20.0.2

> Error message

> Response code:Non HTTP response code: java.net.SocketException

> Response message:Non HTTP response message: Connection reset

> HIMANSHU SHAH

> Quality Assurance Sr Analyst

> This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is privileged or confidential.

> If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us

> immediately.

Thanks

SASTRY

For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@jmeter.apache.org<ma...@jmeter.apache.org>

Re: Need help on Non HTTP response code: java.net.SocketException

Posted by SAS <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Himanshu,

<hs...@sidley.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to JMeter and trying to run simple test on internal site but getting following error. There are so many online knowledge sharing about updating jmeter.properties and system.properties files but no luck. Could someone assist me? Your help would be highly appreciated. My sincere apologies if I am reaching out to wrong group. Feel free to direct me correct group in that case.
>
> Connected to company network thru VPN and able to access internal site successfully on browser but not thru JMeter. No luck with adding port = 443 since its https.
>
> OS - Windows 10 Enterprise
> Apache JMeter 5.6.2
> Java version 20.0.2
>
> Error message
>
> Response code:Non HTTP response code: java.net.SocketException
> Response message:Non HTTP response message: Connection reset
>

> HIMANSHU SHAH
> Quality Assurance Sr Analyst

> This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is privileged or confidential.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us
> immediately.

Thanks
SASTRY

Re: Need help on Non HTTP response code: java.net.SocketException

Posted by Dmitri T <gl...@live.com>.
Shah, Himanshu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to JMeter and trying to run simple test on internal site but getting following error. There are so many online knowledge sharing about updating jmeter.properties and system.properties files but no luck. Could someone assist me? Your help would be highly appreciated. My sincere apologies if I am reaching out to wrong group. Feel free to direct me correct group in that case.
>
> Connected to company network thru VPN and able to access internal site successfully on browser but not thru JMeter. No luck with adding port = 443 since its https.
>
> OS - Windows 10 Enterprise
> Apache JMeter 5.6.2
> Java version 20.0.2
>
> Error message
>
> Response code:Non HTTP response code: java.net.SocketException
> Response message:Non HTTP response message: Connection reset
>

> HIMANSHU SHAH
> Quality Assurance Sr Analyst

> This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is privileged or confidential.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us
> immediately.

Most probably you're behind a corporate proxy or firewall
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firewall_(computing)>. You need to make
JMeter aware of this proxy either by passing proxy details via
command-line arguments
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#proxy_server> or
do the same via JMeter system properties
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#proxy_server>.