Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Don Fike <fi...@cs.utk.edu> on 2000/08/17 16:54:52 UTC

Win32 compiling problem - unresolved external symbol

Hello,

 I am attempting to compile Perl/Apache/mod_perl on Windows 2000 using
MSVC6.
Perl and Apache compiled fine however mod_perl returns the following error;

--------------------Configuration: ApacheModulePerl - Win32
Release--------------------
Linking...
   Creating library Release/ApacheModulePerl.lib and object
Release/ApacheModulePerl.exp
mod_perl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ap_configtestonly
Release/ApacheModulePerl.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

ApacheModulePerl.dll - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------------

I am following the procedures outlined in INSTALL.win32.  If anyone knows
how to
overcome the above error or recommend a better approach I would be most
grateful.

Thanks, Don

-------------------
  Don Fike
  UTK::ICL
  fike@cs.utk.edu
  865-974-5511
-------------------

Re: Win32 compiling problem - unresolved external symbol

Posted by Eric Cholet <ch...@logilune.com>.
> Hello,
>
>  I am attempting to compile Perl/Apache/mod_perl on Windows 2000 using
> MSVC6.
> Perl and Apache compiled fine however mod_perl returns the following error;
>
> --------------------Configuration: ApacheModulePerl - Win32
> Release--------------------
> Linking...
>    Creating library Release/ApacheModulePerl.lib and object
> Release/ApacheModulePerl.exp
> mod_perl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ap_configtestonly
> Release/ApacheModulePerl.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
> Error executing link.exe.

It's a bug in 1.24, pick up a cvs snapshot or delete the relevant lines in
src/modules/perl/mod_perl.c

-    if (ap_configtestonly)
-        GvSV_setiv(GvSV_init("Apache::Server::ConfigTestOnly"), TRUE);

--
Eric