Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Harald Schumacher <sc...@abc-system.com> on 2004/09/14 11:05:57 UTC

AccessLogValve differs between 4.x and 5?

Hi,

I got an hint to

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/valve.html.

for a previous question about logging. There I found

>       * %{xxx}i for incoming headers
>       * %{xxx}c for a specific cookie
>       * %{xxx}r xxx is an attribute in the ServletRequest
>       * %{xxx}s xxx is an attribute in the HttpSession

This seems to be what I want, but I do not find this section in the
version 4 documentation (and it seems not to work!). Do I have to
upgrade to 5 or has someone managed to get this running?

Thanks and best regards

Harald

Re: AccessLogValve differs between 4.x and 5?

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
It means that valve.html is not up to date in the 4.1 docs. [When in doubt -
use the source.]

-Tim

Posted by Harald Schumacher <sc...@abc-system.com>.
Thanks for this link,