Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by adi <ad...@myrealbox.com> on 2002/09/20 12:27:25 UTC

Problem with url patterns II

Hello,

I encountered a very strange problem with servlet mappings.

I have the following entry in my web.xml file :

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>MyDefaultServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>debug</param-name>
      <param-value>0</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>listings</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </servlet>

 <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>MyDefaultServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/admin/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

All I am doing here is passing all requests to the 'admin' directory
and its children to the default servlet with listings=true.
A simple trick to allow listings on specific directories.
The problem is that when I point the browser to:
http://localhost/MyContext/admin/

I get the listings for http://localhost/MyContext/

Now, If I point the browser to http://localhost/MyContext/admin/admin/

... I get the listings for the right directory.

Any idea whats going on ?

And more than that:
If I change the pattern from /admin/* to /admin/
Everything works fine but than mapping will not kick off for sub-directories
of 'admin'

Will much appreciate any help.

Adi

---