Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew Guts <an...@fe.ua> on 2002/12/23 09:55:16 UTC

How to configure JNDI resource with connection pool?

Hi all,

I want to use pooled data source with my application. I guess a
"factory" parameter for the resource shoud be provided. Which one from
the class hierarchy? By the way where can I find detailed documentation,
describing Tomcat classes, including javadocs?

Thank you for support.

Andrew

P.S. Tomcat4.1.18, JayBird 1.0 RC2

Re: How to configure JNDI resource with connection pool?

Posted by "Steve R. Burrus" <bu...@swbell.net>.
Hello Puneet, aren't u a Christian???  What the hell do u mean anyway, "Enjoy the
day(Bara -Din) in a bindas style"? I personally don't believe in taking even
today off, lemme tell you. It's just another day in the year!!

Posted by Andrew Guts <an...@fe.ua>.
Craig,

Thank you for your answer.

Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Andrew Guts wrote:
>

>Tomcat has a default resource factory for JDBC data sources
>(org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory for Tomcat 4.1.x), so you
>don't need to specify this.  What you do need to do is read the docs on
>JNDI resources, which are included in the "tomcat-docs" webapp as part of
>your Tomcat install, or online:
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
>
>Craig

I have read it already before writing here.

Andrew

Re: How to configure JNDI resource with connection pool?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.