Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de> on 2009/09/13 01:50:38 UTC

Fraud and Scam on the Rise?

No investigation regarding the source channels yet, just an observation.

Am I the only one who noticed a distinct rise of fraud and scam,
typically not triggering Spamhaus ZEN? Getting more and more of them
lately.

  guenther  -- happy to manually feed the Sought Fraud rule-set, but
               at the same time getting tired of reviewing scams

Re: Fraud and Scam on the Rise?

Posted by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com>.
On 12-Sep-2009, at 17:50, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
> Am I the only one who noticed a distinct rise of fraud and scam,
> typically not triggering Spamhaus ZEN? Getting more and more of them
> lately.

I am seeing a LOT more spam hitting my HELO and unknown user
restrictions. Normally about 5-6% of my mail hits ZEN. Now it's under
1%. As for more SPAM… checks… Yeah, I'm seeing a slight uptick in
stuff getting through Zen and SpamAssassin.

--
Penny, I'm a physicist. I have a working knowledge of the entire
	universe and everything it contains.

Re: Fraud and Scam on the Rise?

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Sun, 13 Sep 2009, Karsten Br�ckelmann wrote:

> Am I the only one who noticed a distinct rise of fraud and scam,
> typically not triggering Spamhaus ZEN? Getting more and more of them
> lately.

Some. Not a flood, but a few more than normal.

   If "healthcare is a Right" means that the government is obligated
   to provide the people with hospitals, physicians, treatments and
   medications at low or no cost, then the right to free speech means
   the government is obligated to provide the people with printing
   presses and public address systems, the right to freedom of
   religion means the government is obligated to build churches for the
   people, and the right to keep and bear arms means the government is
   obligated to provide the people with guns, all at low or no cost.
  5 days until the 222nd anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution

Re: Fraud and Scam on the Rise?

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.
On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 01:50:38AM +0200, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
> No investigation regarding the source channels yet, just an observation.
>
> Am I the only one who noticed a distinct rise of fraud and scam,
> typically not triggering Spamhaus ZEN? Getting more and more of them
> lately.

My unscientific observation is that frauds usually come from un-listable
freemails etc, so it shouldn't be a surprise. ;-)