Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Rivaaj Jumna <ri...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/10 14:20:32 UTC

Platform Support

Hi

The JVM under discussion will obviously support multiple platforms, running
under Linux, Windows, etc. Will it also support other platforms as in being
"modular enough" to be composed to run on Pocket PC or cellphones (j2me) or
is such support outside of the initial scope for this project?

Thanks

Re: Platform Support

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On May 10, 2005, at 8:20 AM, Rivaaj Jumna wrote:

> Hi
>
> The JVM under discussion will obviously support multiple platforms,
> running
> under Linux, Windows, etc. Will it also support other platforms as
> in being
> "modular enough" to be composed to run on Pocket PC or cellphones
> (j2me) or
> is such support outside of the initial scope for this project?

Yes.  One of the motivations is to reduce the amount of work someone
wishing to have a compatible version of J2SE on a "new" platform - be
it new hardware, new operating system, or even new kinds of
performance optimizations on existing platforms.

geir

geirm@apache.org