Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/07 04:30:16 UTC

Estimated Complexity field in Jira

I find that we have a field called "Estimated Complexity" in our Jira.
I propose that we use this field to mark issues to help people pick what
to fix based on their expertise. Specially helps with new contributions.
I find that the Harmony project is using this. The possible values are:

    * Unknown
    * Novice
    * Moderate
    * Guru
    * Needs James Gosling

I know we traverse through Jiras before a release to pick what to be
fixed. We may take a moment to mark this field as well.

Thoughts please...

Samisa...

--
Samisa Abeysinghe

http://people.apache.org/~samisa/

Re: Estimated Complexity field in Jira

Posted by Lahiru Sandakith <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the idea, This will help in defining the time lines as well.
Thanks
Sandakith

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 8:00 AM, Samisa Abeysinghe <
samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com> wrote:

> I find that we have a field called "Estimated Complexity" in our Jira.
> I propose that we use this field to mark issues to help people pick what
> to fix based on their expertise. Specially helps with new contributions.
> I find that the Harmony project is using this. The possible values are:
>
>   * Unknown
>   * Novice
>   * Moderate
>   * Guru
>   * Needs James Gosling
>

> I know we traverse through Jiras before a release to pick what to be
> fixed. We may take a moment to mark this field as well.
>
> Thoughts please...
>
> Samisa...
>
> --
> Samisa Abeysinghe
>
> http://people.apache.org/~samisa/ <http://people.apache.org/%7Esamisa/>

Thanks
Lahiru Sandakith

http://sandakith.wordpress.com/
GPG Key Fingerprint : 8CD8 68E0 4CBC 75CB 25BC 1AB1 FE5E 7464 1F01 9A0F

Re: Estimated Complexity field in Jira

Posted by Suran Jayathilaka <su...@wso2.com>.
Definitely +1.

Thanks.
Suran

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
+1, will help more people to contribute to Axis2.

thanks,
nandana

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
> s/James Gosling/Deepal/g and we are all set :)
hehe  :)

+1 from me.

-Deepal

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Estimated Complexity field in Jira

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1, Suran did bring this idea up some time ago too. If a Jira admin can add
these fields I can volunteer to go through some Jiras and assign Estimated
Complexities.

Thanks,
Keith.

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 8:00 AM, Samisa Abeysinghe <
samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com> wrote:

> I find that we have a field called "Estimated Complexity" in our Jira.
> I propose that we use this field to mark issues to help people pick what
> to fix based on their expertise. Specially helps with new contributions.
> I find that the Harmony project is using this. The possible values are:
>
>   * Unknown
>   * Novice
>   * Moderate
>   * Guru
>   * Needs James Gosling
>

> I know we traverse through Jiras before a release to pick what to be
> fixed. We may take a moment to mark this field as well.
>
> Thoughts please...
>
> Samisa...
>
> --
> Samisa Abeysinghe