Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by it...@daimler.com on 2012/12/04 13:42:58 UTC

EntityNotFoundException on getResultList() call after externally row removal

Hello,

I'm facing an issue with OpenJPA 2.1 as shipped with IBM WebSphere 8. Our
system uses JPA solely for reading the data. Updating and Deleting of data
is done by a backend system. My problem is, that after a removal of a row
initiated by the backend system, a subsequent call to a typed query will
throw a EntityNotFoundException on a tuple query when calling
getResultList(). This is weird, as the method getResultList() does NOT
include this exception in the list of exceptions it may throw.

The exception reads:

<openjpa-2.1.2-SNAPSHOT-r422266:1333100 nonfatal store error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityNotFoundException: Die Instanz
"2256570 [org.apache.openjpa.util.LongId]" ist nicht im Datenspeicher
vorhanden.
FailedObject: 2256570 [java.lang.Long]

What am I supposed to do here? A subsequent call to getResultList()
results in the same error. The entity manager is EJB based in Extended
Mode. I do not want to close it as I might loose the lazy binding
functionality used within the application. Is there a way to simply
retrieve the current database state and forget about all externally
modified entities? I'm not aware that this ever happend directly at
'getResultList()'. I'm normally refreshing all objects after retrieval and
I'm aware that refresh() may throw EntityNotFoundException. In that case I
simply remove the entity from the list.

Thank you for your help,

Heiko

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.