Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rajasundari <Ra...@Sun.COM> on 2009/12/07 13:58:43 UTC

[users@httpd] In AIX, while setting "cookie" value in request headers, using apr_table_get(), the previous key-value gets removed.

Hi,

I am using apache 2.0 on AIX.

I am using  apr_table_set(r->headers_in, key ,values) to set  the key
and value in the headers.

When I call this API with key as "Cookie", it erases the previous
attribute value pair.
So some attributes are getting missed  in the request headers.

As a workaround I tried calling this API with key as "Cookie" first and
then for the other key values. It works fine now.
But I would like to know the reason behind this and would expect a fix.
I can't change my application without a proper justification.

Also, to debug this, I used apr_table_do() which  printed only the first
key-value pair and not the full table.

FYI,  in Solaris,  the same code is working fine
apr_table_set() - works well for setting attributes and "Cookie" in any
sequence.
apr_table_do() -  prints the entire list.

Please throw light on this.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks
Rajasundari

Re: [users@httpd] In AIX, while setting "cookie" value in request headers, using apr_table_get(), the previous key-value gets removed.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 7:58 AM, Rajasundari
<Ra...@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using apache 2.0 on AIX.
>
> I am using  apr_table_set(r->headers_in, key ,values) to set  the key and
> value in the headers.
>
> When I call this API with key as "Cookie", it erases the previous attribute
> value pair.

I doubt there's a platform issue here.  See the doxygen for
apr_table_set vs. apr_table_merge.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com