Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sp...@gmx.eu on 2013/12/03 18:41:46 UTC

RE: org.apache.catalina.filters.CorsFilter

> Exactly where?  The full path is needed here.

TOMCAT/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/catalina/filters/CorsFilter.
class

> Rather than mucking about with an old Tomcat version, just
> throw away the 3rd-party repackaged crap and install the
> current one from tomcat.apache.org; it will make everyone's
> life simpler.

Just wanna now why the class is not loadable as
org.apache.catalina.filters.CorsFilter but as
com.apache.catalina.filters.CorsFilter (different dir in classes of course).

RE: org.apache.catalina.filters.CorsFilter

Posted by sp...@gmx.eu.
> > Just wanna now why the class is not loadable as
> > org.apache.catalina.filters.CorsFilter but as
> > com.apache.catalina.filters.CorsFilter (different dir in
> classes of course).
>
> Because Tomcat prevents web applications from replacing
> container classes.

Ah, so we do have special rules for org.apache.catalina.filters.* (and other
tomcat packages/classes).

Thank you.

Re: org.apache.catalina.filters.CorsFilter

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 03/12/2013 17:41, spring@gmx.eu wrote:
>> Exactly where?  The full path is needed here.
>
> TOMCAT/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/catalina/filters/CorsFilter.
> class
>
>> Rather than mucking about with an old Tomcat version, just
>> throw away the 3rd-party repackaged crap and install the
>> current one from tomcat.apache.org; it will make everyone's
>> life simpler.
>
> Just wanna now why the class is not loadable as
> org.apache.catalina.filters.CorsFilter but as
> com.apache.catalina.filters.CorsFilter (different dir in classes of course).

Because Tomcat prevents web applications from replacing container classes.

Mark