Posted to apps-dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org> on 2002/05/03 18:26:36 UTC

Re: Cornerstone and DefaultTimeScheduler STATUS?

On Friday 03 May 2002 12:09 pm, pfisterj wrote:
> 1) What is the status of Cornerstone interfaces and
> implementations?  (There is no official build
> available)

I'd call it beta-quality. The pieces I use work well (Data source, Connection
handler, Scheduler), but I haven't tested all the pieces.

> I have been looking at
> blocks.scheduler.DefaultTimeScheduler.  I have been
> trying to compile it and test it, but have run into
> dependency problem on /threadcontext.ThreadContext
> object that does not exist in CVS.

Do you have the latest CVS of exalibur?

> 2) What is status of DefaultTimeScheduler?

It works, once you get it to compile :)
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org

Re: Cornerstone and DefaultTimeScheduler STATUS?

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
> QUESTION: Anyone, please advise suitable CVS tools for
> downloading copy of cornerstone?  Can and/or should I
> do it with ANT using CVS task?

please see http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html for more
information on CVS.

grz,

- Leo

Re: Cornerstone and DefaultTimeScheduler STATUS?

Posted by pfisterj <pf...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for feedback.

>Do you have the latest CVS of exalibur?

I downloaded the latest excalibur distribution--4.1.
It is all available in a zip file.  However I don't
see cornerstone distribution available as single
download.

Using browser, I have been going to:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs
   /jakarta-avalon-cornerstone/

I have been drilling through the pages to each of the
java files at the DOWNLOAD html anchors.  This is very
tedious.  I am unfamiliar with CVS client tools--I am
going to learn.

QUESTION: Anyone, please advise suitable CVS tools for
downloading copy of cornerstone?  Can and/or should I
do it with ANT using CVS task?

>> 2) What is status of DefaultTimeScheduler?
>It works, once you get it to compile :)
>-pete

Excellent!

Thanks and Regards, Jim