Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com> on 2000/06/10 01:51:53 UTC

getProcessingInstruction

Does anybody feel a need for a getProcessingInstruction method in the
DOM? Something that would take the target as a key and return the
related node. I can certainly imagine that as being useful but I'm not
aware of anybody really asking for it. It's not on the DOM Level 3
Requirements [1] but I could bring this up if necessary.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-DOM-Requirements-20000412/

Please, don't say yes just because you think it would be cool. I'm
looking for people who really *need* it. Implementing this efficiently
would require to make the DOM implementation even bigger and slower. So
think twice. :-)
Thanks.