Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Tejedor, Roberto <rt...@indra.es> on 2012/03/14 13:36:51 UTC

[pool] Problem with Previous Idle Eviction Threads

                Hi,

I have a problem with GenericObjectPool's eviction Threads.

I use it in a web application and the first time I configure GenericObjectPool with eviction mode it Works fine.

The problem is when I re-install webapplication and Server not destroy previous Threads and they continue working creating and destroying objects.

Thank you very much!

________________________________
Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, contiene información de carácter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su destinatario o destinatarios. Si no es vd. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado que la lectura, utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. En el caso de haber recibido este correo electrónico por error, se ruega notificar inmediatamente esta circunstancia mediante reenvío a la dirección electrónica del remitente.
Evite imprimir este mensaje si no es estrictamente necesario.

This email and any file attached to it (when applicable) contain(s) confidential information that is exclusively addressed to its recipient(s). If you are not the indicated recipient, you are informed that reading, using, disseminating and/or copying it without authorisation is forbidden in accordance with the legislation in effect. If you have received this email by mistake, please immediately notify the sender of the situation by resending it to their email address.
Avoid printing this message if it is not absolutely necessary.

RE: [pool] Problem with Previous Idle Eviction Threads

Posted by Tejedor, Roberto <rt...@indra.es>.
Hi Gary,

First of all, I would like to apologize for my poor English.

My problem is occurring in a development environment in IBM Webpshere 6.1.
The version of the pool is 1.4 and I supose OS is windows server 2003, because I don't admin it.
I put EAR application in a server directory and it re-deploy automatically each ten minutes all EARS in this location.

I think all previous Idle Eviction Threads will be in memory til webpshere will be re-start and Java garbage collector frees the memory objects.

I dare not enter the pool with idle eviction thread active in a production environment because I left une idle object by default, but if I have 25 threads are 25 objects and not just one.

Thank you very much.

Can you be more specific? What version of [pool], what OS, what JMV.

Can you reproduce this in a unit test and create a JIRA and attach the test?

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory