Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/19 23:25:19 UTC

Updated May 16 board minutes

Hi Sam,

I updated the May 16 board minutes (and agenda) in svn and the revised minutes do not appear in whimsy agenda for August.

Is there a waiting period for whimsy to notice that what it has in its cache is stale?

Thanks,

Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Updated May 16 board minutes

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 11:32 AM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 15:03, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 7:25 PM Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Sam,
> > >
> > > I updated the May 16 board minutes (and agenda) in svn and the revised minutes do not appear in whimsy agenda for August.
> > >
> > > Is there a waiting period for whimsy to notice that what it has in its cache is stale?
> >
> > Normally, it should update within 10-15 seconds, triggered by an email
> > notification.  If that doesn't work, a cron job will update it every
> > 10 minutes.
> >
> > The issue here is that the agenda isn't recognized.  Here's the result
> > from the parse:
> >
> > http://whimsy.local/board/agenda/2019-05-16.json
>
> That should presumably be
>
> https://whimsy.apache.org/board/agenda/2019-05-16.json

Indeed.

> > These minutes will have to be published "old school", by using the CMS
> > and moving the agenda to archived agendas.
> >
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site/trunk/content/foundation/records/minutes/2019
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/foundation/board/archived_agendas

Upon further reflection, once the minutes are approved, there will be
a Publish button that should work on the following page:

https://whimsy.apache.org/board/agenda/2019-08-21/May-16-2019

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Craig
> > >
> > > Craig L Russell
> > > clr@apache.org
> >
> > - Sam Ruby

- Sam Ruby

Re: Updated May 16 board minutes

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 7:25 PM Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sam,
>
> I updated the May 16 board minutes (and agenda) in svn and the revised minutes do not appear in whimsy agenda for August.
>
> Is there a waiting period for whimsy to notice that what it has in its cache is stale?

Normally, it should update within 10-15 seconds, triggered by an email
notification.  If that doesn't work, a cron job will update it every
10 minutes.

The issue here is that the agenda isn't recognized.  Here's the result
from the parse:

http://whimsy.local/board/agenda/2019-05-16.json

These minutes will have to be published "old school", by using the CMS
and moving the agenda to archived agendas.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site/trunk/content/foundation/records/minutes/2019
https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/foundation/board/archived_agendas

> Thanks,
>
> Craig