Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Harshvardhan Agrawal <ha...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/17 19:50:19 UTC

Take RocksDB state dump

Hello,

We are currently using a RocksDBStateBackend for our Flink pipeline. We
want to analyze the data that is stored in Rocksdb state.Is  there a
recommended process to do that? The sst_dump tool available from RocksDB
isn’t working for us and we keep on getting errors like “Snappy not
supported or corrupted Snappy compressed block contents”. My thought was
that it might be happening since I am trying to take a dump while the Flink
pipeline is running. Upon cancelling the pipeline all the state was removed
and I didn’t have any sst files to look at. I was wondering how have people
approached this problem.

Regards,
Harsh

--
Regards,<br>Harshvardhan

Re: Take RocksDB state dump

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If you dont mind a little trying out stuff I have some nice tooling for
exactly this:

https://github.com/king/bravo

Let me know if it works :)

Gyula