Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu> on 2007/03/14 23:15:53 UTC

Posted release files

I moved our release artifacts under www.people.apache.org/dist/uima
and modified our downloads page to point to them.  I did the svn
extract to www.incubator.apache.org/uima so it should go live soon.
Once that happens we should send an announcement to general@i.a.o,
uima-dev, and uima-user.  I can do that tommorrow morning, or anyone
else can feel free to do it first.  There are some example of
announcements in the general@i.a.o archives.

-Adam

Re: Posted release files

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Michael Baessler wrote:
> Adam Lally wrote:
>> I moved our release artifacts under www.people.apache.org/dist/uima
>> and modified our downloads page to point to them.  I did the svn
>> extract to www.incubator.apache.org/uima so it should go live soon.
>> Once that happens we should send an announcement to general@i.a.o,
>> uima-dev, and uima-user.  I can do that tommorrow morning, or anyone
>> else can feel free to do it first.  There are some example of
>> announcements in the general@i.a.o archives.
> What do you think should we add an additional link to the KEYS file in
> the SVN repository to our download page. There is already a link
> available, but this goes to the trunk version of the KEYS file.
> Currently the file content is the same, and hopefully that will not
> change in the future. But we never know.

I think keys are not supposed to change, and in fact, people are
supposed to get the keys from a public repository?
-Marshall

Re: Posted release files

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Adam Lally wrote:
> I moved our release artifacts under www.people.apache.org/dist/uima
> and modified our downloads page to point to them.  I did the svn
> extract to www.incubator.apache.org/uima so it should go live soon.
> Once that happens we should send an announcement to general@i.a.o,
> uima-dev, and uima-user.  I can do that tommorrow morning, or anyone
> else can feel free to do it first.  There are some example of
> announcements in the general@i.a.o archives.
What do you think should we add an additional link to the KEYS file in
the SVN repository to our download page. There is already a link
available, but this goes to the trunk version of the KEYS file.
Currently the file content is the same, and hopefully that will not
change in the future. But we never know.

So I thought about a link like:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/uima/uimaj/branches/uimaj-2.1.0/uimaj-distr/src/main/readme/KEYS

So users that want to verify the release have the correct KEYS file in
place.

I also verified the download of the files. All seems to be correct. The
user can start downloading :-)

-- Michael