Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2004/05/07 09:01:59 UTC

RE: Business Objects vs Data Objects [was Re: JXTemplates -what' s in a name?]

Derek Hohls dijo:
> Yes; this confused me too - are there now:
> DAO - used to read data from DB
> DTO - to transfer data to app
> BO - to store/manipulate data for a particular "thing"
>
> and how do any/all these interrelate with each and
> the Forms framework...
>
> If someone can post a reasonably clear explanation of
> all this, with links to examples/references, I think its
> worth adding at least to Wiki, if not the main docs.

Hi Derek:

It is almost a year old graph, a very simple one, but maybe it can help to
provide a big picture. The names are not the best as we are learning with
the time, but maybe can help a little:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105955717614416&w=2
(See the png attached).

I hope this help.