Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Charl Gerber <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/18 11:06:25 UTC

Commons e-mail attachments

Hi,

I create pdf documents in memory and want to attach
them to outgoing e-mails. I cannot find a way to do it
with the EmailAttachment object, I currectly use
HtmlEmail.embed(ByteArrayDataSource) for that. It
works, but my mail client (Thunderbird) doesn't show
the attachment icon next to the mail in the inbox. I
have to open the e-mail and then see the attachment at
the bottom.

Is this a problem with Thunderbird, or indeed because
the attachment is embedded and not really attached? If
the latter, how can I properly attach it?

Thanks
Charl

Re: Commons e-mail attachments

Posted by Charl Gerber <ch...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, that was what I was looking for. Its as clear
as daylight in the API docs, I must have missed it
somehow. duh.

Charl

--- Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.