Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Mujahid Malaysia <ha...@fastmail.fm> on 2003/10/17 16:17:03 UTC

ID TABLE jumping number

Hi all,

I'm using Torque with MySQL database. I've got two applications;

1) Struts + Torque
2) Struts + EJB + Torque

Both are running on JBoss and both are using the ID TABLE for the running
number. I found that application (1) got the running number increased
accordingly. If I stop JBoss and run it again, the running number
continues from where it stop.

Okay, the problem is with application (2) where the running number
instead of running, it's jumping. I'd set the NEXT_ID to 100 and the
QUANTITY to 1 for the initial values. If I stop and restart JBoss, the
NEXT_ID becomes something really big like 9++ and the QUANTITY becomes
1++. I stop and restart it again and the NEXT_ID becomes 14++ while the
QUANTITY becomes 4++.

This is weird. It keeps changing even though I just inserted only one
record. Is it due to the EJB things?

Thanks.