Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Robson Paniago de Miranda <Ro...@mpdft.gov.br> on 2003/04/15 20:48:42 UTC

Multipage wizards and visit object

Hi...

I´m trying to do a multipage wizard, but have some doubts about where to
put the attributes that are shared by the pages of the wizard (in this
wizard, there data will hit the database only when it is finished).
The correct place these attributes is the visit object? And about back
button protection (i.e., if I put the attributes in visit, and the user
uses the back button to some ancient version of this page, editing other
set of data, how do I handle this in Tapestry)?
I found some comments in the code about using IPage.validate() to
protect against this. But it is called before rewind(), so I cannot
check some kind of request-identifier that is embedded in the form.

Any help to solve this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
   Robson