Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Coonrod <jc...@thp.org> on 2001/02/05 23:03:48 UTC

Connection pooling - simplified?

Perhaps there is a way to do this very simply.

I have only one database, and so little traffic that one connection is all
my webserver needs.

I presume there might then be a way to establish a connection when jakarta
starts up, that is available to any jsp that wants it? Sort of a globally
available connection? Could someone walk me through doing this?

(Meanwhile - I've ordered the book from Amazon. Thanks.)

Thanks.

[Windows 2000] Is that Tomcat eating memory ?

Posted by "Oleg L. Sverdlov" <ol...@netmount.com>.
Hello.
The machine runs Tomcat 3.2.1 + jdk 1.3 + iis_redirect + Win2K Professional

Every time a browser reloads a page, "Java" process eats out a few bytes of memory.
Simple hello.jsp consumes a few bytes. Pages dealing with Java beans or db connections, consume more memory.

On Win2K Server,  I can see that memory pool of "Java" process does NOT grow, whereas "inetinfo" process eats out a few bytes of memory with every request.

In the same time, iis_redirect.log contains following entries:

[jk_isapi_plugin.c (261)]: jk_ws_service_t::start_response, ServerSupportFunction failed
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (314)]: Error ajp13_process_callback - start_response failed
[jk_isapi_plugin.c (554)]: HttpExtensionProc error, service() failed
[jk_isapi_plugin.c (355)]: jk_ws_service_t::write, WriteClient failed
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (325)]: Error ajp13_process_callback - write failed
[jk_isapi_plugin.c (554)]: HttpExtensionProc error, service() failed

Anybody know anything about this problem?

Oleg L. Sverdlov
Web Development Dept.

Netmount Networks
Raanana, Israel.

http://www.netmount.com
Phone: +972-9-745-5220
Fax: +972-9-745-2521

Posted by John Golubenko <go...@columbiafunds.com>.

AW: Connection pooling - simplified?

Posted by Ralph Bobrik <bo...@gmx.de>.
I'm not sure, but doesn't a db-connection timout, too? Then you have trouble
with so little traffic.
As far as I know a good connection-pool checks if a pooled connection is
still valid.

Ralph