Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/12 00:49:47 UTC

E_NO_CARE

While looking at the secretary workbench process to reject a document, there was at the same time a document that has no relevance to the job of secretary.

I'm thinking of adding a  new reason to reject a document.

@not_relevant; ' not relevant', ' this document is not relevant to the work of the Foundation'

We "often" get documents (like those from Abdulrahman) that we will never file. As it is, I sometimes just delete it from secretary workbench but sometimes I feel like I should tell them that it just is not relevant to our job here.

Sebbgestions?

Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: E_NO_CARE

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.

> On Jun 12, 2022, at 03:08, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 12 Jun 2022 at 01:49, Craig Russell <apache.clr@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> While looking at the secretary workbench process to reject a document, there was at the same time a document that has no relevance to the job of secretary.
>>
>> I'm thinking of adding a new reason to reject a document.
>>
>> @not_relevant; ' not relevant', ' this document is not relevant to the work of the Foundation'
>>
>> We "often" get documents (like those from Abdulrahman) that we will never file. As it is, I sometimes just delete it from secretary workbench but sometimes I feel like I should tell them that it just is not relevant to our job here.
>>
>> Sebbgestions?
>
> Interesting typo ...
>
> Easy enough to add that as another failure type.

Yeah, just wanted to know if anyone else thought it was worthwhile.

> However it's already possible to reply to the email from your own
> copy, and just delete the email from the workbench.

That is what I have been doing. I was not sure whether any others on the team thought there could be a more formal solution.

> Note that the workbench only shows emails with attachments, so the
> Secretary still has to deal with other emails locally.

Right. Back to regular programming...

Craig

>> Craig
>>
>> Craig L Russell