Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sn...@cob.org on 2006/12/22 21:03:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Accessing apache server status

Thanks very much Joshua.  That did the trick.  I wasn't sure if it was just
a case of having to add an exclusion from reverse proxying or if the server
status function was more complex than that.  I hadn't used this feature
before and find it very helpful.

Happy holidays!

Steven

             "Joshua Slive"
             <jo...@slive.ca>
             12/21/2006 04:15          users@httpd.apache.org

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: [users@httpd] Accessing status
             users@httpd.apach
                   e.org

On 12/21/06, sniedermeyer@cob.org <sn...@cob.org> wrote:

> I'm trying to monitor the status of Apache and can't seem to get this to
> work:
>
> <Location /server-status>
> SetHandler server-status
>
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny from all
> Allow from 192.168.1.1
> </Location>
>
> I was wondering if it might have something to do with me reverse proxying
> the root of my website to another server:
>
> ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.2/
> ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.1.2/
>
> Any ideas on how I can access the status?

BEFORE the existing ProxyPass directive, put
ProxyPass /server-status !

Joshua.