Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by David Levy <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2009/02/06 14:57:06 UTC

RSS Autodiscovery

I have just been looking at #showRSSAutodiscoveryLink()

it only generates one link line for me,

 <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS"
       href="http://blogs.sun.com/DaveLevy/feed/entries/rss" />

which as you can see is RSS line, not Atom.  The title is a bit simple
isn't it, I'd have thought one could have used the weblog title as part
of the generated title value?

Is this the designed behaviour?

--

Dave

David Levy,
Sun Microsystems Europe

Re: RSS Autodiscovery

Posted by Matthew Montgomery <Ma...@Sun.COM>.
On Feb 6, 2009, at 7:57 AM, David Levy wrote:

> I have just been looking at #showRSSAutodiscoveryLink()
>
> it only generates one link line for me,
>
> <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS"
> href="http://blogs.sun.com/DaveLevy/feed/entries/rss" />
>
> which as you can see is RSS line, not Atom.  The title is a bit
> simple isn't it, I'd have thought one could have used the weblog
> title as part of the generated title value?
>
> Is this the designed behaviour?

Dave,

There is a better macro that will give you Atom as well.

#showAutodiscoveryLinks($model.weblog)

The titles here are more like "Recent Entries (Atom)" etc. The older
#showRSSAutodiscoveryLink() macro looks to be deprecated.

--
Matthew Montgomery
.Sun Engineering